Monday 22 October 2012

LTNE

It’s my first day of a new course, it felt like my first day at school. Will I fit in, will I make friends, and will I be able to do the work. All kinds of questions were running round my head, making me nervous enough, without the added extra of not being able to find my bus stop in Newcastle and the thought of being late. One taxi later, I was here. A new beginning. I sat with the person I recognised from the enquirers evening and heaved a sigh of relief; I could relax and hide in the background now. Not the case. Prayers and then a team challenge. We built a bridge. I’m not sure I realised just how close to home this activity came. I entered the course thinking I could sail through, do the work, gain the qualification without challenging myself I guess. I hadn’t considered the need for team work, the need for sharing, the need for group growing and developing. After lunch I began to feel even more alienated and alone, all self-inflicted. Watching the DVD and hearing the stories of Elizabeth’s year really drove home how much of a group process this would be. That although we were starting at different stops, and probably had different destinations; effectively we were all on this journey together. A journey with God, a journey with faith, a journey with each other. I think lesson one was well and truly learnt. Building a bridge between myself and my peers. N.B Back dated to 29th September 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment